View Article

By Keith Spera

April 18, 2009, 6:18PM

The French Quarter Festival realizes something the New Orleans Jazz and Heritage Festival doesn't: Owen "Big Daddy O" Tufts, an original and authentic voice in southeast Louisiana blues, deserves a slot on the festival.

On Saturday evening, Tufts and his four-piece band entertained a big crowd wedged into the 700 block of Royal Street. Seated front and center on a small stage, Tufts picked and pulled at the strings of his acoustic guitar as a harmonica, baritone sax, drums and electric bass fell in alongside him.

[Read More]

Comments

usmcpatriot19481775
# usmcpatriot19481775
Saturday, August 21, 2010 1:12 PM
"Big Daddy O" , Rocked the House at the " House of Blues." Music has an universal language that Mr. Owen, sung perfectly.
reverse phone lookup
Thursday, March 15, 2012 7:47 AM
The show was simply amazing..I was present at the show..I must say the "House of Blues" rock.
minneapolis movers
Sunday, June 10, 2012 11:48 PM
After hearing MR.Big Daddy O sing I want to see him grow even much bigger. You rock Big Daddy O.
Regards,
Robb Smith
boston acoustics
Monday, June 25, 2012 7:11 AM
Oh yes he did.. I was present at the House of Blues when Big Daddy O was singing. I enjoyed every single moment of it.
Simon.
raleigh personal injury attorneys
Tuesday, July 03, 2012 12:10 AM
There is no matching Big Daddy in his category. He is the best.
grey water recycling systems
Friday, September 14, 2012 6:13 AM
I am love with you Daddy 'O'. You are the best. :)
I wanna see you sing many more songs and release many Albums.
silicone wristband
Friday, September 14, 2012 10:31 PM
The Big Daddy has a commanding stage presence that no one ever forgets.
business degree online
Monday, September 17, 2012 6:19 AM
French Quarter Festival was indeed a huge success as Tufts along with band entertained the vast crowd with their awesome music.

Regards,
Henry Williams
college scholarships for military
Wednesday, October 10, 2012 6:18 AM
Adding "Big Daddy O" to French Quarter Festival was a super idea. Enjoyment to the full. :)
vista military education
Wednesday, October 17, 2012 1:51 AM
You are the best I have heard till now and I don't think there are many who can compete with you in your turf.
freestylecustoms
Thursday, November 01, 2012 5:25 AM
I just want to tell you that even i had attended the festival and enjoyed a lot. Hope again very soon i will be attending such a great event.
family therapy
Friday, November 09, 2012 11:30 PM
Big Daddy O's got a capacious, versatile voice that you can snuggle up to, and Deranged Covers is a solid second release
abwe
Monday, November 12, 2012 6:19 AM
I am very eagerly waiting for Big Daddy O' s next release.

Name (required)

Email (required)

Website

CAPTCHA image
Enter the code shown above in the box below

Hosted By: GoZone Hosting LLC.