View Article

As the title implies here, most of these songs have been around the block more than once. But that’s not to say that they’re all worn out. Big Daddy ‘O’—Owen Tufts—has a laid-back, engaging style that works especially well when he plays in minor keys, which he does enjoyably often. Case-in-point is the opener, “Life Is Hard,” a slow blues that grimly reminds us “Life is hard, and then you die.” It’s followed by the telling “Better Off with the Blues,” which underlines to listeners the perils of careless love. Other good choices here are “Soul Fixin’ Man, “Need Your Love So Bad” and the Delbert McClinton stormer “Same Kind of Crazy.” The same can’t be said for “Johnny B. Goode.” There’s nothing wrong with his treatment, but this song has been done to death.

While this is basically a blues album, the arrangements are quite inventive. The accompaniment is sharp and Big Daddy ‘O’’s singing and playing are on target throughout. Check this one out.

[Read More...]

Comments

ge simon xt
Monday, June 25, 2012 7:06 AM
I just love this guy sing. I could keep hearing him sing for hours which all of his fans can do of course. Just wanted to say you are the best and we want to hear many more songs from you.
Thursday, June 28, 2012 1:20 AM
I have been hearing his songs for a long time I wouldn't say he has ever laid-back. He always keep on engaging for various styles. "Better Off with the Blues"
bible study forums
Friday, September 14, 2012 6:21 AM
Life is hard, and then you die it really reminds me something. So, true. He is really a great guitarist. Big Fan.
mn janitorial services
Friday, September 14, 2012 9:08 PM
I remember when the cd first came out, I got it for Christmas. Reminds me of the good old days.
minneapolis criminal defense
Saturday, September 15, 2012 3:03 AM
This songs are really good and i have list of all your songs . I am a big fan of your songs . Your songs are quite different from the others .
Regards,
Tony
colleges online
Tuesday, September 18, 2012 2:32 AM
Your songs are really amazing , my kid is your big fan he has gathered all your songs .As your new songs come into the market , he wants me to buy it .
Regards,

Name (required)

Email (required)

Website

CAPTCHA image
Enter the code shown above in the box below

Hosted By: GoZone Hosting LLC.